High quality live streaming

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

diagraf

High quality live streaming

PostSun Jul 22, 2018 9:42 pm

Hi all,

We are working on a project in a 360 projection dome in Montreal.

Our plan is to capture live images of Cymatics experiments and send a high quality stream to a computer capture card for live re-manipulation to be projected in the dome. Projections are at least 2040x2048, and ideally 3072x3072, so the stream would have to be at least that size.

Can anyone here who knows the equipment well advise us on what we need in order to do this with Blackmagic gear?

Thanks in advance!

Xtreemtec

Re: High quality live streaming

PostMon Jul 23, 2018 5:24 pm

This stream must be transfered over the internet???? Or internally on some kind of network?
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

diagraf

PostTue Jul 24, 2018 12:42 am

Initially I assumed the video would be streamed directly from a camera to a computer's video capture card (HDMI probably?) I am wondering which Blackmagic camera and capture card combination would allow us to send a stream that is larger than HD. Streaming over network could be an option if it's efficient... I am hearing interesting things about NDI but I don't know much about it. Again, if there is a good Blackmagic solution I'd love to hear it.

Thanks!

Stefan Bixner

PostSun Jul 29, 2018 9:53 am

diagraf wrote:Projections are at least 2040x2048, and ideally 3072x3072,

The first one is smaller than 4K, the second is not.

Nomski

PostSun Jul 29, 2018 1:56 pm

Need more information but we could definitely help. The resolutions are fairly key but it depends what kit you've got in the chain between cameras and projected images. I'm assuming that the projectors are edge blended and warped/mapped to fit the dome? Therefore are you wanting to capture the content and then be able to fill the whole dome? Are you just wanting to capture the imagery in the dome and then stream it live so that people can see what's going in the dome online? etc. etc.

Basically there's always a way and if you want to have a Skype call etc. to discuss it then I'd be happy to do so.

Return to Live Production