Hyperdeck Mini Automatic Backup

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Johny_mo

Hyperdeck Mini Automatic Backup

PostMon Jul 30, 2018 10:41 pm

Hi all,
My work just got several hyperdeck minis for recording of shows. These are mostly just in case there are any issues with a show so normally we don’t need to pull them. But as we are recording at 1080p the files are very large and even with 2 128gb sd cards they fill up pretty quick (as a side note, please add a more compressed option for people that don’t need pro res file sizes) but I want to automate the backup so that it happens overnight. I don’t know anything about batch files but this seems like a good way to go. All I need it to do is to copy the file onto the computer on an external drive, confirm it has copied, delete the one on the hyperdeck, and let me know it was successful. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Denny Smith

Re: Hyperdeck Mini Automatic Backup

PostTue Jul 31, 2018 5:06 pm

You could a,ways use the h.264 option on the Hyperdeck Mini to record longer takes, if you do not need ProRes files.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Xtreemtec

PostWed Aug 01, 2018 10:07 am

Is you are recording 720P or 1080P you should update your firmware and use the H264 option. This will reduce recorded files..
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Johny_mo

PostFri Aug 03, 2018 3:03 am

Oh awesome thank you very much. I didn’t realize there was an h.264 update. Will definitely get that. As for the automatic backups, have any suggestions?

JoelKarr

PostThu Aug 30, 2018 5:13 pm

Has anyone taken the H.264 mp4 and created a DVD from it?
I have attempted using several different DVD creating software packages with no luck getting the audio.
The audio come out on the DVD as noise only.
I am experimenting with other codec that will allow me to create DVDs and maintain the recording under 64gb for approx. 1.5 hrs.

I also backup this recording to our server for long term keeping.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Joel

David Chadd

PostThu Aug 30, 2018 11:21 pm

JoelKarr wrote:Has anyone taken the H.264 mp4 and created a DVD from it?
I have attempted using several different DVD creating software packages with no luck getting the audio.
The audio come out on the DVD as noise only.
I am experimenting with other codec that will allow me to create DVDs and maintain the recording under 64gb for approx. 1.5 hrs.

I also backup this recording to our server for long term keeping.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Joel

I am having the same issue with the h264 "noise only" when uploading the h264 to youtube, vimeo or google drive. I think there's some sort of bug.

Premiere CC seems to see the audio as being normal and you can export it from there to "fix" the audio.

Xtreemtec

PostFri Aug 31, 2018 7:19 am

Maybe a bug that the audio codec is different then expected ? Or wrong tracks? Do you record with only 2 audio tracks? or does your hyperdeck still records 16 channels of audio??
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

JoelKarr

PostSun Sep 02, 2018 4:19 pm

Record in 2 channel mode.

Return to Live Production