Remote Control of Studio Camera functionality

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

nmalexandersen

Remote Control of Studio Camera functionality

PostSun Aug 05, 2018 5:24 pm

Hello all.

I guess this is a question for the people on this forum that understands programming ...

It there a way to operator the following two buttons on a BMD Studio Camera remotely ... I am imagining some kind of push-button or switch ...

- PPT (Push to Talk)
- PGM (Viewing of Return Video in the viewfinder)

The reason for asking is .... camera operators that has worked with i.e. traditional Sony Studio cameras are used to have buttons for the PPT and PGM functions close to where their hands are ... and that is on the zoom and focus remote controllers for the lens. They are not used to lifting their hands up to the viewfinder to perform these actions.

If anyone here already has created a solution for this we are most interested.

Kind regards Nils Morten Alexandersen
Norwegian Broadcasting Corp, Norway

Robert Betzner

Re: Remote Control of Studio Camera functionality

PostTue Aug 07, 2018 12:02 pm

PGM works already. I checked it on our Fujinon ENG zoom remotes and on our Canon boxed lens remotes. PTT is another story. I hope that BMD will update their firmware to use the record switch on the remotes for that. But no one knows if they will ever do that.

Cheers

Robert

Xtreemtec

Re: Remote Control of Studio Camera functionality

PostTue Aug 07, 2018 1:00 pm

I'm with Robert, You can assign PTT to the F1 and F2 buttons on the camera. So it would be nice if you could assign it to the record button of the lens for Multicamera use.

Sure it is possible.. But changes like that takes a lot of convincing BMD before something like that trickles down to the development department.

But i completly agree on that we need that PTT function assignable to the Zoom remote. :idea:
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Live Production