Intercom for URSA Mini / Blackmagic Micro Studio Camera 4K

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Håvard Njåstad

Intercom for URSA Mini / Blackmagic Micro Studio Camera 4K

PostMon Aug 06, 2018 4:23 pm

Hi!

I'm trying to rig out my cameras with intercom, but I'm having issues wiring and amplifying things for my cameras.

We've had success using the Behringer MicroMON MA400 with our Audio-Technica BPHS-1 Broadcast Stereo Headsets to power the microphone to use them with our full-size BM Studio Cameras and their aviation-style connectors.

With the 4-pole connectors on the Ursa and BMMSC though is another story.

I get them to play for 0.5 sec with mic wired to headset out of the MicroMON MA4000 before it turns the PTT off, probably because the cameras thinks I press the button because of the power coming through?

Anyone know if I can put a resistor somewhere or anything to have them work?

Thanks.

Xtreemtec

Re: Intercom for URSA Mini / Blackmagic Micro Studio Camera

PostMon Aug 06, 2018 4:35 pm

There must be a very specific resistance between the mic and ground.. Otherwise it wont work.. Took us 3 days to find out.. But i don't know what value it was anymore.. :roll:
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Håvard Njåstad

PostMon Aug 06, 2018 4:47 pm

Xtreemtec wrote:There must be a very specific resistance between the mic and ground.. Otherwise it wont work.. Took us 3 days to find out.. But i don't know what value it was anymore.. :roll:

Daniel always knows :D

I'll try to compare it to a normal iPhone headset. Thanks for the info!

Xtreemtec

PostMon Aug 06, 2018 6:19 pm

Been fiddeling for weeks with the intercom of the ursa.. Have a nice headset amplifier now.. But due too lack of Sidetone adjust in the Ursa it blows your eardrums when you speak in the microphone.. :shock: :shock: At least i'm able to hear the director in loud concert enviroment..

If you put it down the director wont hear you... So sidetone adjust is very necesary i think. And also very common on all broadcast camera intercom systems that this is adjustable..

The intercom system would be so much more use-able if the sidetone adjust was implemented.. The TVS HD and Pro does have a Sidetone adjust for the director.. ;)
Last edited by Xtreemtec on Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Håvard Njåstad

PostMon Aug 06, 2018 6:21 pm

Information much apprectiated!

I'll try to find a way somehow ;) Don't want to go back to less inputs with the All-in-One models :x

Return to Live Production