Blackmagic Studio Camera LANC PTT

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author
Michael Cassara

Blackmagic Studio Camera LANC PTT

PostSun Aug 26, 2018 3:49 pm

Hello everyone,

Recently I've been investigating into installing LANC pan handle remotes to our Blackmagic Studio Cameras to help reduce the shake that is very visible if an operator has to press a menu button or if they accidentally bump the edge of the screen when focusing or zooming the lens. While adding a pan handle remote for it would fix the majority of these issues, they would still need to press the physical push-to-talk button on the camera itself. Is there any chance that the "START/STOP" command can be routed to trigger the push-to-talk? I'm not sure if there is a way to read if the button is held on the controller, in which case using "START/STOP" could easily trigger the lock-to-talk function in the camera's firmware.

I would just make this modification myself as it should in theory be only a few lines of code, however the camera's firmware is not accessible from third party developers and it currently is also not possible to load scripts that could easily do this to the camera itself either.

Denny Smith

Re: Blackmagic Studio Camera LANC PTT

PostTue Aug 28, 2018 6:35 am

No, this has been previously discussed, do a topic search here.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Return to Live Production