Is ATEM Television Studio competible with Xsplit?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author
Kayata15

Is ATEM Television Studio competible with Xsplit?

PostMon Sep 03, 2018 7:59 pm

I am thinking to buy ATEM Television Studio and use Xsplit to manage the cameras and streaming but i have some questions.

If i connect 4 PS4s and 4 cameras on ATEM, how will xsplit recognize the 8 sources or how to do it?

Xtreemtec

Re: Is ATEM Television Studio competible with Xsplit?

PostTue Sep 04, 2018 7:00 pm

it doesn't.. It only!! gives you the Programm output.. So you will get 1 source!

Also you can not connect 8 devices to the old Atem TVS. it has 4 HDMI and 4 SDI ports.. But 2 HDMI's are shared with the SDI ports.. This can be choosen from the Atem Software control.

Also consider that the old Atem TVS only goes up to 1080i50/60 and not Progressive. So the PS4's need to be in 1280x720P mode or get externally downscaled to 1080i ;)

If you want to capture / stream 8 sources. You might think of a heavy computer with a Decklink Quad 2 card in it.. With OBS studio or Vmix to run the show.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Andrew Martin

PostWed Sep 05, 2018 6:06 pm

I can't say for certain but thinking he's prob. looking to buying a TVS HD. Although he doesn't say it specifically, I'm thinking this is his intention.
Also is the original 6source TVS still available for sale in today's market ?? I though it was now discontinued, replaced by the TVS HD rack & pro models??

Xtreemtec

PostWed Sep 05, 2018 8:21 pm

It is replaced.. But there might be still a few for sale at dealers (old stock) or ebay has enough for sale..

But i tryed to tell him only the old Atems have the capture option.. All new atems dont.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Live Production