20x20 video Hub/ SDI to HDMI micro convertor

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

SCRick

20x20 video Hub/ SDI to HDMI micro convertor

PostWed Sep 05, 2018 12:05 am

Hi All,

Having an issue with one of my projectors. I run a 3 projector setup on Sundays, center input always stays the same but have a need to change the video input on left and right projectors thru the video hub during services. my problem comes when I use the video hub software to change the input from camera to media pc, the left changes ok with a slight flicker, the right however is a 50/50, sometimes it's a quick flicker other times it takes about 3-5 seconds or more to change causing a noticeable distraction. my setup is Atem switcher SDI out to video hub then SDI to BM micro converter to hdmi projector. the projector is set to HDMI input, same as left. it's like it loses the HDMI lock and takes a few to regain. Thoughts?

Andrew Martin

Re: 20x20 video Hub/ SDI to HDMI micro convertor

PostWed Sep 05, 2018 6:14 pm

If ur looking to switch ' flicker free' ur better going with a smart hub.
As the std hub isn't designed to be a switcher.

Xtreemtec

PostWed Sep 05, 2018 8:10 pm

Best way is switch on an Atem, Aux ports of the atem..

2nd way is a 12x12 Smarthub cleanswitch. As long as the sources are the same resolution and framerate it will clean switch between sources without the glitch.

3rd way. again If the sources do match resolution and framerate. You could put 2 new SDI to HDMI converters at those beamers.. BMD SDI to HDMI 6G. This one has a HDMI lock function which will keep the HDMI occupied of the beamer.. Resulting in a cleaner switch and no issues anymore with resync of the beamer.. But this only works if the sources are the same framerate and resolution.. ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

SCRick

PostFri Sep 07, 2018 5:23 pm

Thank you for the replies.

We're using a BM 20x20 Smarthub video hub. forgive, noobie with this, cleanswitch would be additional to the video hub?Tried using a mini sdi to hdmi converter vs the micro last night and the flicker was worse by almost 1-2 seconds.

Ideally we would have a 2 M/E but budget doesn't allow right now. I'm trying to use the video hub to bandaid a little until we can upgrade. Here's what I'm trying to do, maybe I'm not doing the best way. So we run a live stream as well as IMAG on the left and right screens. the center screen is feed directly from our media computer. the online and IMAG get the feed from the Atem. We have certain videos that play on the center screen that don't show up on the online because of different slides being played for inhouse audience. so the idea is to change the video hub to pull from the media pc vs atem and then feed video to atem so online can see video as well. hard to explain. I'll see if I can get a clip to add in here to show.

Xtreemtec

PostFri Sep 07, 2018 10:37 pm

The mini converter sdi to hdmi needs to Be of the New 6G type version that came Out since february.

And all sources need to Be same framerate and resolution for it to work.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Live Production