Monitor Audio

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

bossing26

Monitor Audio

PostWed Sep 05, 2018 2:39 am

Hi there. New to BM ATEM setup. I teach broadcasting at the high school level and we're switching over from a Tricaster. We produce a live show every day. I'm wondering the best way to monitor the Program Audio. I have a Mackie ProFX8 going into a Television Studio Pro 4K. Cameras are BM Studio 4Ks. Here's a few things I'm thinking:

1. Connect 'SDI Distributor' (I also want to connect to multiple TVs) to PGM out, connect 'SDI to Audio' to that, then connect speakers/headphones/etc.

2. Connect 'SDI to HDMI' to PGM out, then connect to TV and monitor that way

3. Feed XLR audio into camera, which then feeds into switcher (but this would interfere with talkback, right?)

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

coremicro

Re: Monitor Audio

PostWed Sep 05, 2018 5:19 pm

bossing26 wrote:bossing26

On the back of ATEM Television Studio Pro 4K, it has Headphone Output to monitor the Program Audio.

Hope this helps.
Jay Sulistio
Core Microsystems
Blackmagic Design Authorized Dealer
www.coremicro.com

bossing26

PostWed Sep 05, 2018 7:43 pm

Ok. Sweet. For whatever reason, it would only give me the audio feed from cameras. I kept messing with some things on my mixer and now it's outputting via the headphone jack. Thanks!!

Now, if I wanted to have audio play on a TV in another room, would one of those ways I listed be better than another?

Xtreemtec

PostWed Sep 05, 2018 8:18 pm

If you take a LCD TV as multiviewer monitor.. This will also have PGM audio on it ;)

For tv's along the line.. SDI to the TV.. SDI to HDMI converter at the tv. And PGM audio is embedded into the stereo channel of the HDMI output. So turn up the volume and you have audio.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

bossing26

PostWed Sep 05, 2018 9:03 pm

Perfect. Thank you.

Return to Live Production