hyperdeck studio pro file names

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Rick van den Berg

hyperdeck studio pro file names

PostFri Sep 07, 2018 7:57 am

Is there a way to show the file names on the little display instead of timecodes?

also, in the manual there's a section with supported codecs, which says a variety of DNxHD should be possible, but i tried every single one, but only the prores codecs seem to work. only my workflow is pretty much windows-only, so prores is not very handy.

Xtreemtec

Re: hyperdeck studio pro file names

PostFri Sep 07, 2018 10:20 am

Did you install the DNxHD codec pack from Avid? With that you should be able to view and edit DNxHD files..

Filenames is an issue anyway.. As it also resets the filename everytime you insert a new card.. With multiple recorders you have a huge problem..
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Rick van den Berg

PostFri Sep 07, 2018 11:40 am

Thank you for your response.

Do you mean a codec pack for the hyperdeck? because for the pc, i already have one, i guess.. since im able to edit and export those specific codecs.

to be clear, i have like 25 finished video's, which i would like to play on the hyperdeck, on an SSD.

about the filenames, i cant really imagine that a professional videoplayback-system which can show a variety of codecs/resolutions with multiple broadcast-quality in- and outputs and can handle 2 SSD cards at the same time, cannot show the filename. almost every kind of (cheap) videoplayer can do that.

should i make notes of every timecode to remember which video is where?

Xtreemtec

PostFri Sep 07, 2018 10:41 pm

Aah different point.
Filenames on the recorder would Be Nice. It can Be Pulled by a telnet command. The Atem can even select the right file and start play.

So Yes it is weird that it is not available on the front.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Saskia-Anett Ebelt

PostMon Sep 10, 2018 1:39 pm

We developed concerning convenience problems with the HyperDecks the app "HyperSynchron".
You get with it a comfortable access to your HyperDeck with all from BMD supported functions, also showing the clip name.
You can control up to 16 HyperDecks with it. The app works on all iOS Devices from iPhone 6 and iPad Air 1.

https://liveskills.net/hypersynchron/

The app is available in the Apple App Store for 19,95 USD.

https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/hypersy ... 30106?mt=8

Here ist the tutorial video:

Best regards, Anett
Blackmagic Atem 1M/E, ATEM Mini/Pro/ISO, 4x Hyperdeck, SmartScope, Videohub, Decklink Extreme, Micro Studio Camera,

Return to Live Production