Deinterlacing with Teranex

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

CCP_Oliver

Deinterlacing with Teranex

PostWed May 08, 2013 11:52 am

Hi everyone.

I run a internet stream production studio within a video game studio and I'm looking to bring in some new equipment and fix some outstanding issues. One such issue is interlacing causing continuous issues with our broadcast.

Due to our current (and it seems most available) mixer(s) outputting in 1080i we have to have our video encoder de-interlacing the signal before streaming the video online. For our camera feeds this is no issue however when we cut to our in game view we find issues. The game itself has sections of the screen that don't change much, along with sections of the screen with very quick action, combined with elements of the game ui that can be made of very thin lines (1 or 2 pixels wide).

This all comes up when the signal (from the computers it's progressive) is interlaced by the mixer, then de-interlaced by the encoder. Both the video stream and our subsequent recordings are effected by this and I have't been able to find a solution neither live or in post to treat the signal and make it look as good as it should.

Having failed to find an affordable mixer that runs at 1080p I was curious at the teranex module blackmagic has. Would this be able to take in a 1080i50 feed, de-interlace it, and then output a 1080p25 signal?

Any help would be appreciated!

Knut Bussian

Re: Deinterlacing with Teranex

PostFri May 17, 2013 6:31 am

No one? I would be interested, too.

Thx,

Knut

Chad

Re: Deinterlacing with Teranex

PostFri May 17, 2013 8:50 pm

I just got my Teranex yesterday, and it will take 1080i50 in and output in 1080p25 yes.

Return to Live Production