Where camera setting are recorded?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

coxbuell

Where camera setting are recorded?

PostFri Sep 14, 2018 3:05 pm

Hi,
Newby.
If I plug a camera studio 4K to an atem to make a nice image setting.
Does the setting stay if I unplugged the atem to plug directly the camera to a computer recorder?

I mean, does setting are on camera hardware or just setting on video signal thru atem (so inside atem)?

On another hand, I'm looking for a solution to enter to complet setting (like we can have with an atem) but without atem.

My need is to plug a camera studio 4K in SDI thru a Kona Lhi on a MacPro then to play LIVE on a projector (for a show) and with no latency (simplest way is better).

If someone can help me with information or solution?
Thanks.
NC

Denny Smith

Re: Where camera setting are recorded?

PostFri Sep 14, 2018 7:06 pm

First question, Yes, as long as the camera is not owered down, the CCU changes to camera video settings, Knee, Detail, Color corrections and color balance/tint all remain until the ca era is powered down, then they are lost, and need to be reset.

There are products currently available or in development thst can control BM Cameras with SDI return input and ATEM CCU control enabled, like the Studio and Broadcast Cameras, UM Pro and UM4.6.
Kim Janson of LeViteZer has a simple box based on a Arduino processor, LeViteZer Control SW, thst currently goes between a laptop (or any computer) and the camera, providing software that works like the ATEM CCU to control the camera via the SDI return input to the camera. He is working on a IOS version to allow an IPad to control the box. See: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=73283#p412146.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

coxbuell

Re: Where camera setting are recorded?

PostTue Sep 18, 2018 5:41 pm

Hi,
Thank you for your answer.
I will check for the LeViteZer solution solution.
Thanks again for your help.
Best regards.
NC

Return to Live Production