ATEM Television Studio HD and camera input scaling

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author
rorysheehan

ATEM Television Studio HD and camera input scaling

PostSun Sep 16, 2018 12:09 pm

Hi all.
apologies as i know this question has been asked a few times before but i just need clarification an updowncross HD will work.

Just upgraded to an atem tv studio hd and the laptops are working fine both on pgm and multiview.
however when adding a nikon D5200 SLR camera for live streaming. i get the input but its not 1920x1080. i appear to be getting a 3:2 type picture with black bars on my output.
reading up on the atem forum posts, ive found others that assumed the atem had a scaler or zoom in it.

im new to scaling conversion, so i just wanted to confirm. if im going nikon 5200 into bmd micro converter (hdmi to sdi) to Updowncross HD converter to SDI in on the Atem TV studio. Would the updowncross HD resize it to fit the 1920 x 1080 eliminating the black bars? ive read that the decimator MD-HX will do it, but preferring to keep it all BMD products. plus the BMD is cheaper. because i will most likely need two units

thanks

Xtreemtec

Re: ATEM Television Studio HD and camera input scaling

PostMon Sep 17, 2018 6:20 pm

The UDC HD won't.. Because what you need is some kind of zoom / aspect ratio conversion.

MD-HX will handle this.. There are 14 different aspect ratio conversions in the MD-HX.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Live Production