Capturing output using multiple UltraStudio Mini Recorders

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author
ianlogan1981

Capturing output using multiple UltraStudio Mini Recorders

PostWed Sep 19, 2018 11:13 am

Hi

I'm looking to run a live stream and capture the video at the same time. I have previously done this using ATEM 2 M/E production studio, 2 laptops, one controling ATEM software and one streaming with wirecast, but wirecast on my computer doesn't like 1080 only 720, but I still wanted to be able to capture in 1080 as i normally would when not going live.
Would i be able to plug in another UltraStudio Mini Recorder, capture in 1080 with one on laptop 1 and send the other to laptop 2 to stream?
Does that make sense?

Thanks

Andrew Martin

Re: Capturing output using multiple UltraStudio Mini Recorde

PostThu Sep 20, 2018 7:04 pm

If you use the Atem's aux outs to feed individual recorders to individual laptops you should be able to do things completely independently from each other. If ur trying to do this sending two feeds to the same laptop ????

But... Why use a laptop to record ? Get a hyperdeck mini or other hardware recorder.

My own preference is a hardware everything. each does its own job and only that job and usually does it well. Should one break/ playup/ or completely fail, if doesn't effect the other. :D

312elements

Re: Capturing output using multiple UltraStudio Mini Recorde

PostSun Sep 23, 2018 7:24 pm

Have you considered sending the program out to a web presenter? That will encode to 720p and take the load off of your computer.
Michael Schacht
Currently using ATEM Television Studio HD to create awesome content

Return to Live Production