Focus & Iris Control via ATEM

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

emericad

Focus & Iris Control via ATEM

PostThu Sep 20, 2018 12:30 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm a bit confused about the focus & iris control solution via an 1M/E ATEM switcher.
I'm going to work with a theatre company who own an 1M/E, a SDI Smart Videohub and 5 BM Micro Studio Camera 4K, they are planing to buy Lumix 12-35mm f/2.8 lenses.

I would like to get the easiest way to control iris and focus of these cameras from the ATEM.
When I'm reading the BM documentation it seems we can get it by the simple HDSDI Program signal from the ATEM to the cameras.
But when I'm reading some posts from this forum it seems that we have to pass through a coding step via Arduino and the BM Arduino shield.

Can someone clarify me this situation ?
Thanx in advance,
Emeric.

Gary Adams

Blackmagic Design

Re: Focus & Iris Control via ATEM

PostThu Sep 20, 2018 8:20 pm

Hello Emeric. In the ATEM Software under the Camera Control tab you will have all these controls available for supported lenses. You do have to feed Program or Auxiliary SDI video from the ATEM back to the camera SDI input. I hope this helps.

The Shield for Arduino is a way that hobbyists can control our cameras without the need for an ATEM.

Regards, Gary
Gary Adams
Blackmagic Design

emericad

PostFri Sep 21, 2018 6:52 am

Thank you very much Gary.

Do you think the Lumix 12-35mm f/2.8 will match the focus & iris control in the ATEM ?

emericad

PostWed Oct 03, 2018 7:12 am

Hi everyone,
does the Olympus 12mm f/2 lense is supported by the ATEM Software (Through HD-SDI connection) ?
I would only need he iris and focus control.

Thanx for your help,
Emeric.

Denny Smith

PostWed Oct 03, 2018 6:30 pm

It should work, I can test this later today. Kim has used other MFT auto lenses to work via ATEM CCU commands, this should not be an issue, as I have used this lens with my Micro Studio and focus and iris control works.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Return to Live Production