Two PCs connected to one Production Studio 1 M/E

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Uwe Smidt

Two PCs connected to one Production Studio 1 M/E

PostMon Sep 24, 2018 9:24 am

Hello!

Is it possible to use zwo PCs to controll one Atem 1M/E? One for switching the sources and another one to operate the mediaplayer?

Regards
Uwe

Gary Adams

Blackmagic Design

Re: Two PCs connected to one Production Studio 1 M/E

PostMon Sep 24, 2018 6:37 pm

Hello Uwe. Yes, the ATEM may be controlled by multiple devices for this purpose.

Regards, Gary
Gary Adams
Blackmagic Design

Tim_Ashton

PostThu Sep 27, 2018 8:01 pm

Hi,

Do both computers need to be the same OS? When I connect a MacBook Pro to my ATEM 2 M/E Broadcast 4K it asks me to install a software update. I did that and then when I connect a Windows 10 laptop it asks me to install another software update. When I switch back to the Mac it asks me to install yet another update and the process loops.

Is that what other people get?
Many thanks
Tim

Andrew Martin

PostThu Sep 27, 2018 9:17 pm

Tim, the reason ur seeing this is most likely due to you having different release vers of the control software between the differing computers. eg one might be running 7.5 and the other 7.4
If one is running an earlier or later version than the other the switcher will see it as a needed update and ask that it loads that version.

Simple fix, make sure both computers are running the same release version of the Atem control software.

Tim_Ashton

PostSat Oct 13, 2018 2:19 pm

RESOLVED

Just to confirm, that having installed the latest (same) version on both a Mac and two Windows laptops, I am able to connect to the same ATEM with all three at the same time. This allows us to operate multiple M/Es and MediaPlayers without switching tabs.

One thing I would say though - use an Ethernet connection to each machine, and don't rely on WiFi.

Thanks for the advice and help.
Tim

Return to Live Production