ATEM CODEC Issue???

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Rob Linger

ATEM CODEC Issue???

PostMon Sep 24, 2018 4:03 pm

Our church has been using the ATEM Television Studio without a hitch for the last 2+ years. I would take the mp4 file from the recording PC, and put it on my Windows 10 laptop, for some post editing, using Sony/Magix Movie Studio (version 11 at the beginning, to version 14 now), without any issues.

Back in the beginning of August of this year, Windows 10 crashed on my laptop, so I required a reinstall of the OS, along with all of my apps, including Movie Studio. At that same time the ATEM Switchers 7.5.2 Update came out, and I installed it on the PC at church. After both the OS and the ATEM updates were installed on the 2 pc's, I cannot load the MP4 file into Movie Studio. I have tried looking at Movie Studio for an answer, and now I'm looking at Blackmagic Design for any suggestions on the ATEM CODEC's. Could I be missing something CODEC wise?

I currently need to convert the MP4 file in VLC, which is a real-time conversion, and can be time consuming. I really want to get back to where I was in July of this year.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

w5jdx1

Re: ATEM CODEC Issue???

PostSun Jan 27, 2019 6:51 pm

I've got the same problem with Vegas 14 and a new PC. Did you ever find a solution?
Thanks,
George

Return to Live Production