URGENT HELP: Web Presenter with ZOOM Video Conferencing

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Greg Paul

URGENT HELP: Web Presenter with ZOOM Video Conferencing

PostTue Sep 25, 2018 3:14 pm

I am having trouble with BMD Web Presenter and ZOOM video conferencing. Lots of video stuttering and audio/video sync problems. In the ZOOM screen shot, that I grabbed while on a ZOOM video conference, you can see the Frame Per Second is at 15.

Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 10.06.01 AM.png
Screen Shot
Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 10.06.01 AM.png (78.89 KiB) Viewed 6830 times

The frame rate in the "Send" column should be fluctuating between 25-30 when working properly according to ZOOM.

I spent a good amount of time on the line with ZOOM tech support last night. After running bandwidth tests, looking at my iMac's resources, they isolated the frame rate as the issue.

They said that Web Presenter is not an officially recognized device for their service.

Anyone else having this issue? Have you found a fix?

Regards,
Greg
Greg Paul

Xtreemtec

Re: URGENT HELP: Web Presenter with ZOOM Video Conferencing

PostTue Sep 25, 2018 3:32 pm

Wasn't a part of the featureset of the Webpresenter that it adjusts the framerate of encoding depending on the internet speed connection.. As other Webcams do..

What is your upload and download speed to internet. Test with http://www.speedof.me for an accurate result.

Also your streaming machine should be connected to wired internet connection for best performance. Running it by wifi could cause a lot of performance issues..

But seeing the results of your up and down.. Looks like you have a reasonable download speed but almost no upload speed.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Greg Paul

PostTue Sep 25, 2018 3:35 pm

Hard wired. I've got 400+ coming in, and 20 going out for Internet. Latency is never more than 20. EDIT: Screen shot taken right now...
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 10.36.52 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 10.36.52 AM.png (17.72 KiB) Viewed 6755 times
Greg Paul

Xtreemtec

PostTue Sep 25, 2018 3:45 pm

Hmmm.. should be more then enough.. Did you do a test with skype or so already to see how it performs there?
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Nate Porter

PostThu Sep 27, 2018 12:58 pm

Have you tried with windows? I just did a test last week with it and worked great. I got an event tomorrow that will be utilizing it, I might just go double check everything is working okay.

Denny Smith

PostThu Sep 27, 2018 6:19 pm

However, the WebPresenter does adjust its output frame rate depending on the Internet connection bandwidth, this was part of its feature set, and is an automatic adjustment. Zoom just does not support the WP at this time. When it first came out, other streaming software had compatibility issues also.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Greg Paul

PostFri Sep 28, 2018 7:57 pm

Looking into the possibility that a local NAS server is saturating my network. Placed a bandwidth cap on it today. So far so good with ZOOM. Will continue to monitor over the next several days and report back.
Greg Paul

Greg Paul

PostMon Nov 12, 2018 2:02 am

Follow up: No more issues. The problem was the NAS server saturating the network.
Greg Paul

Return to Live Production