Control a URSA Pro/Broadcast Wireless

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Simon Bachofen

Control a URSA Pro/Broadcast Wireless

PostWed Sep 26, 2018 4:17 pm

Hi

I am looking for a solution to control a URSA Pro/Brodcast Wireless in order to manipulate Iris, Colors and display tally. (The picture would go from camera to ATEM with an existing SDI transmission)

I fond this product from Skaarhoj: https://www.skaarhoj.com/products/sdi-b4-link/

But I want to use an original ATEM Camera Controll Panel from BMD, so I am not so sure, if that's the right solution as they say it needs their remote? Is there another way to accomplish this?

Denny Smith

Re: Control a URSA Pro/Broadcast Wireless

PostWed Sep 26, 2018 5:24 pm

I do not think this is possible.
Cheers
Last edited by Denny Smith on Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Gary Adams

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Sep 26, 2018 5:57 pm

Hello Simon. This is an often asked question. To control the camera wireless from the ATEM would require a system that sends the SDI video back to the camera and does not suppress or compress the ancillary data area of the SDI return signal. I am not aware of any system but that is what would be needed.

Regards, Gary
Gary Adams
Blackmagic Design

Xtreemtec

PostWed Sep 26, 2018 7:55 pm

To add to Gary's Story.
The problem with almost all afordable wireless video systems is that they are almost all based on WHDMI chipset. (Wireless HDMI) Often from Aminon. But because the chipset is HDMI.. all non HDMI data is stripped away.. So you only get 2 channels of audio.. Get FHD video and no Anc data.. :cry:
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Simon Bachofen

PostThu Sep 27, 2018 7:31 am

Thank you for all the replies!

I am aware of the problems, but like the Skaarhoj solution, I was thinking in sending the CCU data ove Wifi to an Arduino shield...if there is an "out of the box" solution.

I also found this solution, anyone has ever tried it? Looks promising:
https://www.abonair.com/news/2017/11/09 ... -unit-ccu/

Cheers, Simon

Return to Live Production