Audio Causes Issues w/ Panasonic HMC150 through Mini Recorde

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

sethdekk

Audio Causes Issues w/ Panasonic HMC150 through Mini Recorde

PostThu Sep 27, 2018 2:28 pm

My goal is to accomplish two things with my configuration:

1) Record audio and video to the internal media on my camera (Panasonic AG-HMC150P)

and

2) Capture the audio and video to my computer for streaming and/or recording for students/event registrants.

I have the camera already, so I picked up the BLD Mini Recorder as it seemed to be a great solution after hearing from others using a similar setup. It works really well when I am only sending video.

Whenever I send the camera audio (with video) through the Mini Recorder (via HDMI), it gets all glitchy and out of sync. I have tried a couple different computers, both MacBook Pros. I'm using Zoom for ministry and educational purposes, although I have done some tests through PhotoBooth and OBS with the same results.

Again, it works great when audio comes in to my computer separate, but then I'm not getting that audio internally on the camera for recording purposes.

Anybody else have similar issues or know if there is a fix or a simple solution for me? We are a small nonprofit and don't have a budget for this, so we're working with what we've got, although if I need to sell/trade/etc. I could do that. My hope would be to make it work with what i have.

Thanks in advance!

Return to Live Production