ATEM 2 M/E thinks it's a 4 M/E after software update

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Tim_Ashton

ATEM 2 M/E thinks it's a 4 M/E after software update

PostFri Sep 28, 2018 2:12 pm

Hi,

I've just updated to the lastest version of the ATEM control software (7.5.2) and now I am having some major problems. I have an ATEM 2 M/E Broadcast Studio 4K which is a year old.

1. On my MacBook Pro the ATEM Set-up software tells me I'm connected to an ATEM 4 M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, even though I'm connected via USB. Even though I have all the network and TCP/IP settings correct (as used previously when it worked) I can't connect the "ATEM Control Software".

2. On a Windows 10 laptop, it also thinks it's an "ATEM 4 M/E" and when connected via the network connection the "ATEM Control Software" loads, but shows no control buttons in the main part of the screen, and only a few menu options on the right. At the bottom of the control software it only has options to show "Switcher", "Media" and "Audio". The "Audio" tab shows a white screen. "Camera" is missing.

Is this a glitch with the latest software update? Should it be used only for the 4 M/E mixer - although the BMD website doesn't specify that.

Does anyone else get similar issues?
Thanks,
Tim

pederdingo

Re: ATEM 2 M/E thinks it's a 4 M/E after software update

PostFri Sep 28, 2018 2:33 pm

I believe this is a feature, it was announced along with the 4 M/E that the 2 M/E broadcast would become 4 m/e with firmware update

Tim_Ashton

Re: ATEM 2 M/E thinks it's a 4 M/E after software update

PostFri Sep 28, 2018 3:44 pm

Thank you - you are absolutely right! I have just uninstalled and re-installed all the software on the MacBook, updated the ATEM to the latest version, power cycled the ATEM and restarted the MacBook and now I have a 4 M/E mixer with all the info I was expecting.

What was confusing was that my mixer had been given the name "ATEM 2 M/E Broadcast Studio 4K" and therefore the settings screen was showing both the 2 M/E and the 4 M/E names which I assumed meant a software / hardware configuration issue.

This is now sorted on the MacBook and I wonder if the Windows 10 laptop issue is because I now need to update the software on that. I'll give it a go tomorrow and post the reply.

Thanks!
Tim

Return to Live Production