missing sound

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Tristan A

missing sound

PostTue Oct 09, 2018 7:54 pm

several years ago the group i am part of purchased a BM cinema camera and related video stack. we have an ATEM 1M/E Production Studio 4k,Hyperdeck studio pro 2, atem talkback converter 4k, and a BM web presenter. i tried to load a picture of our stack but file size is to large.

our problem is recording sound. straight through, we have audio. streaming to twitch, youtube and he like, we have sound. but when we try to record to a formatted SSD we get picture just fine but we get no audio. seeing the display screens on the various equipment the sound indicator bars are moving indicating we are getting sound.

any thoughts??? also, if i have posted this in the wrong forum due to my lack of understanding of the problem...please direct me to the right place or let me know.

Xtreemtec

Re: missing sound

PostThu Oct 11, 2018 11:46 am

You might have to install a codec on your machine to get audio too..

And maybe check the settings of your Hyperdeck Studio Pro.. As you can choose between Embedded audio and XLR audio.. ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Tristan A

PostSat Oct 13, 2018 12:56 pm

Xtreemtec wrote:You might have to install a codec on your machine to get audio too..

And maybe check the settings of your Hyperdeck Studio Pro.. As you can choose between Embedded audio and XLR audio.. ;)

seeing as i have a meeting today with which to test this on and im still learning things myself. could you point me at some directions or tell me how to install a codec?

Tristan A

PostTue Oct 16, 2018 4:39 am

ok, update from the meeting. our problem is that we go "mic, speaker, rack" and cant get sound on the recording. however when i go mic, rack, speaker (just tried it first time the other day) i got sound on the recording but got a rather obvious hum.

thoughts??

i would like to make it very clear i am very new to the A/V world. i have I.T. and some basic A/V knowledge. so any suggestions or pointing to a place i can learn something vs people having to dumb it down for me is always usefull.

Return to Live Production