Trouble with Marshall PTZ CV620 ATEM flicker

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Kevin Copeland

Trouble with Marshall PTZ CV620 ATEM flicker

PostMon Oct 15, 2018 10:25 pm

I'm using a Marshall CV620 PTZ cameras with my ATEM 2 M/E Production Studio 4k. Signal format is 1080i59.94.
The image flickers from time to time. The signal drops out for a half a second, or the picture tears for a frame or 2. I've changed out cables and power supplies (and the input location) but it still flickers from time to time. Maybe 6 times in an hour.

Firmware has been updated on the PTZ. Marshall says it's a problem with the ATEM.

Anyone having this issue?

Matt Certa

Re: Trouble with Marshall PTZ CV620 ATEM flicker

PostTue Oct 16, 2018 3:02 pm

have you tried putting a reclocker or something to give it a little signal boost? Ive had similar issues with various inputs across a wide range of inputs and usually fixes. HOWEVER I also have this particular model and used it out on concert tours as a cheap robo, and there is definetely a problem with the sdi output on the unit now. But I attribute that to excessive wear and tear.

Kevin Copeland

PostTue Oct 16, 2018 4:19 pm

No, I have not tried that. This is brand new and firmware just updated. It's in a very small studio and the SDI cable is new and only 10' long.

Harry Parker

PostTue Oct 16, 2018 11:58 pm

Hi Kevin,

We use one of those cameras in our main auditorium running 1080i50 over 40m of SDI and I have never seen it glitch once. With trouble shooting I'd look at all the possibilities so, try a different frequency, try a different source on your camera input and see if it still glitches, insert something like a Decimator to reclock the signal, try the camera on different inputs...

pederdingo

PostWed Oct 17, 2018 10:38 am

What kind of BNC cable are you using?
You could try with a very short BNC cable and see if it still flickers - if it does it might be the SDI output on the camera or the SDI input on the ATEM.

Return to Live Production