Blackmagic Duplicator 4K & HyperDeck Mini Playback

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Rey Kroona

Blackmagic Duplicator 4K & HyperDeck Mini Playback

PostMon Nov 19, 2018 10:54 pm

Hi,
I couldn't find an answer to this anywhere, so I was hoping someone here might know.

We are a church and we'd like to record a Saturday night service to the Blackmagic Duplicator 4K on multiple SD cards. We'd then like to distribute the SD cards to 3 different locations to playback on the HyperDeck Mini.

Will the H.264 files recorded on the Duplicator playback without any trouble on the HyperDeck Mini? We'd most likely be in HD not 4k.

This is actually just a backup system for our online system, but we'd like to keep it as simple as possible so that we can just pull a card and give it to someone to take with them without having to transfer/copy/download additional media.

If this doesn't work I guess we can just buy 3 Hyperdeck Minis. But I like the idea of being able to record a lot at one as we launch more sites in the future.

Thanks for any help!

Rey

Xtreemtec

Re: Blackmagic Duplicator 4K & HyperDeck Mini Playback

PostTue Nov 20, 2018 12:01 pm

At this point of time. The duplicator does record in a different H264 codec layout then the Hyperdeck mini is able to record or playout. So your suggestion will not work.

A laptop with a SD card reader and VLC player will also work i guess as a playout for the cards of the Duplicator. ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Rey Kroona

Re: Blackmagic Duplicator 4K & HyperDeck Mini Playback

PostTue Nov 20, 2018 6:01 pm

Thank you! I had a feeling it might be something like that.

We'll come up with a different plan of either using all HyperDecks or playing back with a laptop.

-Rey

Return to Live Production