Chromakey on the ATEM TV Studio HD

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

jl_678

Chromakey on the ATEM TV Studio HD

PostTue Nov 20, 2018 7:07 pm

Hi,

I am struggling to get the above to work on numerous levels. Before you ask, yes I read the manual, but unfortunately it is not all that helpful.

Has anyone put together a tutorial or thread on this? I have questions in two areas:

[*] How do I switch between a standard feed and a chromakey feed on a second camera
[*] How do I optimize chromakey settings?

The second one is particularly noteworthy because I livestream video using chromakey with Open Broadcaster and it works perfectly with default settings. I tried to get the TVSHD to do the same thing, but it was inconsistent with lots of green noise where the HD was getting confused about what was green. The required adjustment seemed to be the ability to set the range of green color that will be removed, but I was not sure how to change that and the things I changed did not seem to help. This was all done through the ATEM web interface.

In short, I am new to ATEM chromakey and trying to get simple guidance on how to set it up and operate it. Sadly, the manual is very incomplete in this area. Thank you in advance for any thoughts.

jl_678

Re: Chromakey on the ATEM TV Studio HD

PostWed Nov 21, 2018 3:27 pm

Hi,

I sorted this out with the help of this video:

Return to Live Production