Web Presenter information

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

engineermike

Web Presenter information

PostFri Nov 30, 2018 2:19 am

Hello,
I'm helping a small church work out details on streaming a live video feed to Facebook, YouTube and several other sites. They were given a new Panasonic AG-UX90 camera. The plan was to run that into the Web Presenter as well as the audio from the board and then out from there to apparently a computer. From there I'm not sure what the options are since I can't seem to find any documentation on how it works, other than it's a USB out to the computer. I'd like some instructions like a white sheet on how to set it up. What's the computer specs required. What is the output from the device? Can it feed more than one source like Facebook and YouTube at the same time or do I need to hope it outputs RTMP and then use the ReStream.io site to hit all the sources.
Lots of questions but that's a big start.
Please share if you can help. We already have fiber dropping in with a guarantee of 10Mbs up,
Thanks in advance.
Mike

ejpontius

Re: Web Presenter information

PostSun Dec 02, 2018 6:14 pm

The Web Presenter is actually a pretty simple device. Essentially it is just taking professional camera, or other production equipment such as a switcher and their audio signals, downconverting them 720p video (supposedly optimized for streaming) and then it just represents itself to the computer as a simple webcam. As far as the computer is concerned it is a simple webcam.
So any software or website that can recognize a webcam can pretty much use the video coming from the Web Presenter such as FB Live, YouTube live stream, etc... You would just choose that "webcam" as your source.

For more involved things were you need more control, you'll need more sophisticated software installed on the computer such as Open Broadcaster Studio ( https://obsproject.com/ ) or Wirecast ( https://www.telestream.net/wirecast/overview.htm )

ejpontius

PostSun Dec 02, 2018 8:32 pm

Here's the link to the user manual as well.
https://documents.blackmagicdesign.com/ ... Manual.pdf

BTW, installing a smart panel really helps with this device as well.

engineermike

PostSun Dec 02, 2018 9:46 pm

Thank you for your help. I now have a better idea of what's going on.
I hope the units output is RTMP. I'll check the manual.
Thanks again
Mike

pinkgodzilla

PostWed Mar 20, 2019 6:51 pm

Hi,

I have your setup (web presenter and Panasonic AG-UX90) and when I try to stream using Youtube, the stream quality is not good. There is a lot of dithering or pixelation on the recorded stream.

As the stream is being played it looks great, but once you view the recordings you can see heavy pixelation/dithering in the video especially when someone is talking and moving around.

The forum would not let me post URLs, but I can send you the recorded stream link privately.

I am using the black magic web presenter directly- connect camera and audio directly to black magic stream to youtube by selecting the black magic option in integrated webcam and audio. I am not using any third party software such as OBS, Vmix, etc.

Did you figure out the optimal settings for the Panasonic AG-UX90 and the Blackmagic Web Presenter for to get a good stream quality? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, I am open to any suggestion of changing the contrast color for a better quality stream. This stream is done at night in average light.

Here are the details of my setup
Platform: Streaming using Youtube
Camera: Panasonic AG-UX90
Streaming Laptop connected directly to an Ethernet connection with 90 Mbps download speed and 15Mbps upload speed

For the camera, I have tried the following:
1. Stream at 1080P/29.97P
2. Stream at 720P/27.7P ( Looks horrible)
3. Turn auto focus off
4. Change focus sensitivity
5. Turn on low light

Thanks so much

Andrew Martin

PostThu Mar 21, 2019 8:24 pm

The WP doesn't work out well when using native webcam software.
( In fact imo it doesn't work well at all, but )
Feed ur workflow through OBS, Vmix, Wirecast etc.

That will help fix ur issues with the WP.

From my mobile using Tapatalk

Return to Live Production