Connecting Decklink To Video Processor Live Output?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Dushy Swallow

Connecting Decklink To Video Processor Live Output?

PostMon May 20, 2013 10:32 pm

Hi,

I am trying without success to get a Decklink HD Extreme 2 card to capture the output from a DVDO Edge video processor (1080i/50/PAL). The connection between the Decklink card and the video processor is by HDMI cable with HDMI Audio, the Decklink captured signal would then be then passed to Wirecast.

The Decklink card will capture 1080i/50/PAL via HDMI directly from a set top box which gives me some reassurance that the configuration settings in the Blackmagic Design Contol Panel are OK. The problem arises when the output from the set top box is input into the video processor and then output to the Decklink card. I have set the video processor output to 1080i/50/PAL but do not get a signal captured by the Decklink card.

The video processor only provides HDMI output so I cannot test it by outputting Component or SDI to the Decklink unless I purchase either HDMI-SDI or HDMI-Component converters? At this stage I would prefer to know if it is possible to achieve what I want before purchasing additional equipment.

Has anyone any experience with capturing the output from a video processor with a Decklink card? Any advice or feedback most appreciated.

Rgds
Dushy

Return to Live Production