Upstream key 3&4

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

TijmenWolf

Upstream key 3&4

PostMon Sep 10, 2012 9:33 am

Hi,

On our school we got a Black Magic ATEM 2 Switcher and a ATEM 1 Panel.

For a project with our local TV station we need to create a transition between 2 video sources.
I wanted to do it with the upstream key's. Upstream key 1 and 2 are working, but i can't use key
3 and 4. It looks like they are turned off. In the software they aren't working ether. Also the drop down boxes
for the properties, are only showing upstream key 1 and 2.

Does anyone know how to put on upstream key 3 and 4. Or are they not possible with the combination of
Control Panel 1 and Switcher 2?

Thanks.
Editor | Camera | Color | Production

From the Netherlands

denes44

Re: Upstream key 3&4

PostMon Sep 10, 2012 5:24 pm

The Keyer 3&4 ar the Keyer 1&2 for the second M/E.
So the Keyer 1 on the first M/E is not the same as the Keyer 2 on the second M/E.

Although Blackmagic should make a setting, that allows to freely distribute the keyers through the M/E's. So I can use four keyers on the first M/E if I don't need any for the second M/E.

Brian Scheffler

Re: Upstream key 3&4

PostMon Sep 10, 2012 6:21 pm

denes44 wrote:Although Blackmagic should make a setting, that allows to freely distribute the keyers through the M/E's. So I can use four keyers on the first M/E if I don't need any for the second M/E.

We couldn't agree more with this Feature Request. We've requested it before and so have our clients. Ideally, we would like to be able to freely use all four keyers on one M/E or a combination of the four spread over the 2 M/Es.
Brian Scheffler
ScheffTech Productions, LLC
brian[AT]schefftech.com (309) 524-5865
Blackmagic Design Authorized Dealer

Return to Live Production