ATEM Stinger / Macro Question

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

ZachLegleiter

ATEM Stinger / Macro Question

PostThu Dec 13, 2018 12:41 am

Hey everyone,

I am trying to record an ATEM macro using the stinger transition. I am using an ATEM for an upcoming ESPN3 broadcast. ESPN uses a separate replay transition to go "into" and to come "back from" instant replay. Because of that I have loaded the two separate transitions into both media players of the ATEM. I am needing to record a macro to use media player #1 for the "go to replay" transition, and a second macro that uses media player #2 for the "back to live" transition.

Luckily both transitions are the same length and have the exact same cut time, so all I need to do is to figure out how to record each macro to use the two different media players.

I have an XKeys XKE-128 running JustMacros. So if I can get the macros set-up on the JM software that would be awesomeI I would really like to have two buttons on my XKE-128 for the two different macros.

Thank you all for your help!!

Dave Del Vecchio

Re: ATEM Stinger / Macro Question

PostThu Dec 13, 2018 6:03 am

This should be doable. You'll likely just need to call ATEMMixerMESetTransitionStingerSource() to set the correct media player to use for the stinger before executing the transition.

I believe the function arguments are:

ATEMMixerMESetTransitionStingerSource(switcherIndex, mixEffectsBus, stingerSource)
  • switcherIndex - number of the ATEM switcher (starting from 1) if you have multiple switchers configured in Just Macros
  • mixEffectsBus - M/E bus number
  • stingerSource - either "MP1" (for media player 1) or "MP2" (for media player 2)
The macro for the replay-in transition would set the stinger source to "MP1" and the macro for the replay-out transition would set the stinger source to "MP2".

Otherwise the rest of the two macros would be identical. Essentially the macros need to run ATEMMixerMESetTransitionType() to "STING" and ATEMMixerMEAutoTransition() after setting the stinger source to perform the stinger transition (this would transition to whatever input you have in preview).

Return to Live Production