Product Recommendations

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

ctaulbee

Product Recommendations

PostMon Dec 17, 2018 12:24 am

Hello everyone, im new here of course, but I am not new to Blackmagic products.

My question is at my church we need to upgrade the way we record our services. Currently we have the version of ATEM switcher and ME/1 I believe that was BEFORE Blackmagic acquired them. Our old Mac Pro computer system is dying and we need to upgrade, however all the newer mac systems do now have slots for installing capture cards, so we are needing a different solution.

I was considering the UltraStudio 4k Extreme, but i didnt know if it had a hard drive on the device that you record too or if you have to use the Express software to capture the video via the Thunderbolt 3 connection? And two follow up question on this device are can i record to multiple devices at the same time? So record to the internal hard drive (if it exists) or the Express software AND to another video capture source such as a HyperDeck Studio? AND can it stream, record to internal, and the backup device at the same time?

Our current switcher and computer allows us to capture audio and video to the Mac Computer then, if we wish, we can play the video back thru the distribution system from the same machine with audio. I'd like to continue to have this option if possible.

OR

Do i just need a the HyperDeck or HyperDeck Studio Pro?

Thanks everyone!

Return to Live Production