BlackMagic VIdeoHub 288x288 has network delay

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

idanyek

BlackMagic VIdeoHub 288x288 has network delay

PostThu Dec 20, 2018 8:00 am

Hi

we have a videohub 288x288
we also have a 65 panels
we are using cisco catalist 3650 48 ports network switch,
all panels are connected direcltly to the switch with cat6a cables.

when we are pressing buttons in the panels, we have a delay 1-2 sec until the command is complete.

this is a seperete network for the video hub only, nothing else is connected to the switch.

the swich is basic configuration, no protaction at all.

any help to reduce this delay?

idanyek

Re: BlackMagic VIdeoHub 288x288 has network delay

PostMon Dec 24, 2018 6:29 pm

Anyone ?

MambaFiber.com

PostSun Dec 30, 2018 12:17 am

not very many users out there with a BMD routing setup this big, so I'm not surprised no one has responded.

I run a 72x72 and a 72x144, with up to 16 panels. our control network is in a vlan traveling in our switch network with several other vlans of traffic. our network extends over fiber for several legs and often includes great distance between gear. I've never experienced any switching delay at all.

it doesn't seem to me that having 66 devices on a network would cause any trouble, I have many more devices than that in my systems-including many other type gear of course.

I might wonder if you have some devices with duplicate IP addresses, or a data loop that might be causing your delay. are you in a corporate network or one of your own design/control? corp nets could have all kind of data throttling/QOS than could cause this. best thing to do is strip it all down to the basics, verify proper operation, and add devices back in one/few at a time until you see the issue return.
Greg Bellotte - owner
MambaFiber.com
FaceBook.com/MambaFiber

Xtreemtec

PostSun Dec 30, 2018 4:58 pm

What Greg says,
Strip down the system. Go back to 1 panel on the frame. Is there latency?
add 10 panels. Is there latency?

You might find out that above a certain number of panels you get increasing latency or from 1 point get a lot of latency.

If the last happens you might have a faulty panel or double IP address issue in that set of string of panels.

Also do you connect all panels direct to Ethernet or are you also using the loop trough function of the panels? Because several panels looped trough each other could be a source of problems too. As there is no network switch inside the panels. All data transfer is handled by the FPGA. Meaning that packets need to be forwarded by the FPGA to go trough the panel. This works OK when connected 1 or 2. But will slow down.. But i guess if you put X panels in loop trough mode you might be in serious problems.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Live Production