How to get started (youtube)

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

mstevens

How to get started (youtube)

PostFri Dec 28, 2018 2:25 am

I know absolutely nothing. But, I am fairly well technically educated. Can you all please help me get started. I want to do some tutorials that I publish on youtube. I have:

1. USB mic, a blue yeti
2. Decent computer (i7 32GB Ram, SSDs, Geforce 970 I believe)
3. Audacity
4. Some ideas

I have very little budge but can spend the money for the full version of Davinci Resolve Studio; but do I need to do that? I still need to get a video camera. I also heard I need a DAW. Will I need a DAW in addition to Resolve Studio? Will resolve Studio do all that I need to do? I know I am going to get the "it depends answer." But assume I just want to do basic youtube videos where maybe sometimes I shoot shots of myself and would like that in the lower corner with a computer capture or other video taking up the full screen; and none of that annoy background music.

I would be most greatful if you all could steer me in the right direction. For example I need to get a camera. Do I get a DSLR or a camcorder? For someone who knows nothing about audio/video, all the choices out there are quite overwhelming. Hopefully Resolve Studio will be able to meet my software needs and I can be done with that decision.

Thanks.

Return to Live Production