Designated PIP Functionality

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

tomzi8571

Designated PIP Functionality

PostTue Jan 15, 2019 11:17 am

We are using ATEM Software Control with TV Studio HD.

We want to use freely position 2 Video sources (1 PC stream, 1 Cam source) next to each other and still use USK and DSK to overlay some information.

The current Software does not provide flexible enough PIP functionality for the TV Studio HD. We have a very unflexible solution with USK and DSK but it is not possible to freely crop and scale both video inputs. Only one can be cropped scaled and positioned freely, the other (Video) can only be cropped. Which results in a huzzle when you want to pan and zoom the camera, since the zooming will also change the position on the screen. Following the speaker is really hard that way.
Now we are thinking of a even more complicated way to scale and position the PC input signal on a different computer and have the camera signal again freely scalable and postionable.

But all this is just a terrible workaround.

Really the best solution would be if the ATEM Software Control would provide a way to allow freely scale and position at least 2 video sources and also use USK and DSK

Could you please provide this feature?

Robert Betzner

Re: Designated PIP Functionality

PostWed Jan 16, 2019 2:37 pm

This feature is already there if you buy the 2ME production- or broadcast-studio 4k. It is called "Super-Source" and does exactly what you describe with up to 4 sources + background.

I don't think the smaller units have powerful enough FPGAs to provide more than 1 DVE. You'll have to buy a more expensive unit from the 2ME line.

Cheers

Robert

Xtreemtec

Re: Designated PIP Functionality

PostWed Jan 16, 2019 5:33 pm

What robert says, You have the cheapest version of the Atem and does not have such a powerfull feature set as there bigger brothers have. A 2ME production studio would do what you want. ;) And yes that comes with added costs. ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Live Production