What lenses do you use for your BM Studio Camera in Studio?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

OPhoto

What lenses do you use for your BM Studio Camera in Studio?

PostSat Jan 19, 2019 5:32 pm

I'm looking into the Blackmagic Studio 4k Cameras as a viable option for one of the smaller TV studios I'm engineering, but I was wondering what are some the lens options/layouts other users have constructed as well as recommend?

I.E.: I need LANC control for a least zoom, but would like to have it for focus as well. I'm currently looking at some B4 lens options for that.

Denny Smith

Re: What lenses do you use for your BM Studio Camera in Stud

PostMon Jan 21, 2019 8:10 pm

B4 lenses will give you Servo Zoom, but remote focus is lens dependent, and B4 HD lenses with focus Servo are expensive. Also B4 lenses do not work with Lanc. The only Servo native zooms for the MFT mount, are very slow, f/4-5.6.

By the time you get the correct, optically corrected B4 to MFT adapter (MFT Services or AbelCine) and add B4 Servo control boxes/power, you will end up spending more than $3K-4K.
For the same or less money, you should just get the Ursa Boradcast, which comes with a B4 Mount, and the lens/camera can be remotely controlled via a ATEM CCU or some theory party csmera CCU control only boxes to get remote Servo Zoom/focus.

It seems Fujii is releasing a new B4 4K Servo Zoom Lens for the Ursa Broadcast, see: http://broadcastprome.com/news/mediacas ... broadcast/
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Linden deCarmo

Re: What lenses do you use for your BM Studio Camera in Stud

PostThu Jan 24, 2019 6:04 pm

Denny Smith wrote:It seems Fujii is releasing a new B4 4K Servo Zoom Lens for the Ursa Broadcast, see: http://broadcastprome.com/news/mediacas ... broadcast/
Cheers

The announce/demo was yesterday but I can't find any info on the lens or the event on the black magic site, twitter feed or any news articles on the event. Does anyone have any info on it? I probably should create a separate thread for search purposes.

Return to Live Production