ATEM Switcher and Besteker HD Camcorder

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

TheBigT7773

ATEM Switcher and Besteker HD Camcorder

PostThu Jan 24, 2019 10:34 pm

I just bought the HD ATEM Switcher and have a computer, 2 SDI cams, and 1 HD cam connected. I have (2) Besteker HDV-601s cams and can not get them to pull up on the screen. I even tried buying the HD to SDI mico Converters and tried that and it did not work. Are these cameras just a lost hope? or is there some other converter I can try? Thank you ahead of time for the help.

Xtreemtec

Re: ATEM Switcher and Besteker HD Camcorder

PostThu Jan 24, 2019 10:49 pm

Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

TheBigT7773

PostThu Jan 24, 2019 11:49 pm

Ok so the camera only has a setting for 1920 x 1080 there are no frames in it. I am assuming by this that I need to get UP/DOWN convertors so that I can convert not only Resolution but Frame Rate Correct?

Xtreemtec

PostFri Jan 25, 2019 3:37 pm

Plug the hdmi cable in a TV and hit the info button. Now you Will see the resolution and framerate of the camcorder.

Match the atem for that resolution and framerate and check if you have an image.

Adding a updowncross converter to this $49 dollar camera Will help you get it into the right resolution. But that converter is almost 3x the price of this camera. :lol: Does there even come any good quality video from it?
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Live Production