ATEM TVS HD Firmware downgrade

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

ElecDev

ATEM TVS HD Firmware downgrade

PostWed Jan 30, 2019 2:24 pm

I have several production studio's 4K running firmware version 7.2 and a few TVS HD on fw 7.2
Now i have a new Television Studio HD which has a newer firmware from the factory i guess 7.5.2

Downgrading the firmware was never a problem until now, this model won't work other then with the setup utility from 7.5.2. It is possible to use the ATEM software control from 7.4 & 7.5.2 but the setup from 7.4 doesn't work at all.

Windows drivers for the TVS HD are not included with the 'older' versions 7.4 and below. So i installed 7.5.2 on another pc and copied the USB driver files. The TVS HD is now recognized by windows but not in the setup utility.

The main reason for this firmware version is pretty simple, i have an collection of self built control panels based on the Skaarhoj libraries. And that will only work up to 7.5.0 because of the protocol change BM did.

I'm stuck right now and don't now how to solve this problem ... Thanks.
Production Studio 4K | 1M/E | TVS | TVS HD | PTZ Optics | Custom build Controllers

Xtreemtec

Re: ATEM TVS HD Firmware downgrade

PostThu Jan 31, 2019 3:34 pm

That the drivers are not included is very weird.
The TVS HD was added from 7.0. So Every software behind that should be able to install the correct drivers.
Website 21 Feb 2017 wrote:ATEM Switchers 7.0 Update

This software update adds support for the new ATEM Television Studio HD, along with localization for Italian, Korean and Russian user interfaces in the ATEM Software Control Panel, in addition to the already existing English, French, German, Spanish, Japanese and Chinese

But what could be is that at the point of de-installing the newer version. It does not remove the drivers. And driver is not updated when installing the old version as there is a new version available.

You might want to update to 7.4 for all Atems. This can be done without issues with the Skaarhoj hardware from what i have seen online.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

ElecDev

PostThu Jan 31, 2019 7:42 pm

And i had installed some TVS HD before with fw 7.2 / 7.4 so i was a bit confused when this TVS HD won't work.

7.4 is working fine for Skaarhoj based hardware, i know that from experience.
But a new windows pc (freshly installed) with 7.4 wont recognize the TVS HD, if i un-install 7.4 and the after a reboot install 7.5.2 it works perfect.

It looks like BM is using slightly different USB hardware that isn't supported with software lower then 7.5.2
I can't find any other reason why it wont work on 4! different pc's / laptops with.
Production Studio 4K | 1M/E | TVS | TVS HD | PTZ Optics | Custom build Controllers

Xtreemtec

PostFri Feb 01, 2019 8:53 am

Be Sure to use a USB 2 port on the laptop. USB 3 ports seem to have trouble with the mini converters too. ;)

Also you should be able to do a Firmware upgrade / downgrade trough ethernet on those TVS HD. Done it a few times. ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Live Production