How to Stream Multiview 16 View

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

jereitz

How to Stream Multiview 16 View

PostFri Feb 01, 2019 10:44 pm

On BMD website's product page for the MultiView 16 it has this sentence, "You can even feed the Blackmagic MultiView SDI output back into your router so anyone in your company can quickly see what’s going on facility wide!" I need to do this.

I'm new to designing video production systems. I need to be able to take the output of the MultiView 16 and display it in another building.

What's the best way to accomplish this?

Thanks.

Xtreemtec

Re: How to Stream Multiview 16 View

PostSun Feb 03, 2019 1:23 pm

Another building like? By internet or you have fiber, or network connection between buildings? Not much info to go on from your post?
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

MambaFiber.com

PostSun Feb 03, 2019 4:40 pm

jereitz wrote:On BMD website's product page for the MultiView 16 it has this sentence, "You can even feed the Blackmagic MultiView SDI output back into your router so anyone in your company can quickly see what’s going on facility wide!"

Translation...If you also own a BMD VideoHub you can use the MV16 as a source and send it to any destination cabled to your VideoHub outputs.

Don't read anything further into this marketing statement...and don't make the mistake to think they are talking about an IP/WiFi router.
Greg Bellotte - owner
MambaFiber.com
FaceBook.com/MambaFiber

jereitz

PostSun Feb 03, 2019 7:01 pm

Xtreemtec wrote:Another building like? By internet or you have fiber, or network connection between buildings? Not much info to go on from your post?

My apologies - I would like to send the output of the MultiView16 to large monitor in a conference room in another physical building. The only connection between the two currently would be the company internal internet. (We may have to run fiber, but would like to avoid as it would be a laborious task and not an easy/clean cable run. Looking for other options.)

I'm wondering how to do this and what additional hardware would be needed.

Thanks.

Kevin Copeland

PostTue Feb 05, 2019 8:03 pm

How far away is the building?

You could always use a 'line of sight' wireless HD transmitter/receiver solution. https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1417428-REG/cinegears_6_611_ghost_eye_600mp_wireless_video.html

This would minimize latency as opposed to an ethernet solution.

Corporate solution, Microwave Link. https://www.cablefree.net/solutions/corporate-and-campus-networks/

I've never used it. Don't know if the device is designed for a permanent solution, weatherproof, etc. Antennas would probably be the only thing mounted outside with line of sight.

kc
Last edited by Kevin Copeland on Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Andrew Martin

PostTue Feb 05, 2019 8:27 pm

Convert to IP, and send a HD feed (or even 4k) over ur office intranet.
There are many hardware and software solutions to do so.

Convert to NDI Using Connect Spark (Spark Pro 4k)
Convert to TICO. Using Teranex mini.
Convert to RTMP Using pretty much 'anything'

There are software encoders readily available also to do similar.

From my mobile using Tapatalk

Return to Live Production