ATEM TV Studio PRO HD - Computer ?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Ridenhour

ATEM TV Studio PRO HD - Computer ?

PostThu Feb 21, 2019 7:54 pm

Hi,

I am considering the Blackmagic ATEM Television Studio Pro HD for a project on my campus. Something i am not clear on in the data sheets...

In looking at the stats, I see mention of Mac or PC operating systems. I am assuming that the unit uses a Mac or PC to let the computer software to operate the switcher. Can the unit operate as a stand alone unit (just the console) without using a computer, or is the computer necessary for day to day operation ?

Thank you in advance

Andrew Martin

Re: ATEM TV Studio PRO HD - Computer ?

PostThu Feb 21, 2019 8:48 pm

It's not a requirement to have a pc attached once you have completed original setup as you can run a basic switched show using the panel.. But the workflow definatly benefits from having one attached.

From my mobile using Tapatalk

Brett Casadonte

Re: ATEM TV Studio PRO HD - Computer ?

PostFri Mar 08, 2019 4:22 am

Ridenhour wrote:Hi,

I am considering the Blackmagic ATEM Television Studio Pro HD for a project on my campus. Something i am not clear on in the data sheets...

In looking at the stats, I see mention of Mac or PC operating systems. I am assuming that the unit uses a Mac or PC to let the computer software to operate the switcher. Can the unit operate as a stand alone unit (just the console) without using a computer, or is the computer necessary for day to day operation ?

Thank you in advance

The ATEM software is needed to mange media for the switcher and also the audio mixer. CCU control can be done from the panel, but the software provides more flexibility (assuming your using BM cameras).

That said, there is a great deal that can be done from the panel, including switching the show, setting your aux output, managing your transitions, some basic audio management, ccu control and more.
Brett Casadonte
Founder and Techinical Director - GlobeStream Media
http://www.globestreammedia.com
Live Production: on-location and REMI using LiveU
ATEM 2 M/E, 1 M/E, TV Studio Pro 4k, BM URSA Broadcast, & Studio/Micro Studio Cameras

Return to Live Production