SD CARD

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Jctremblay

SD CARD

PostSat Mar 02, 2019 2:50 am

Hey guys I bought my second SD card SanDisk Extreme PRO 128GB up to 95MB/s UHS-I/U3 SDXC and did the format thing on my mac like I did with my first one but this time my camera can't seem to read my SD card...
Please I need help ASAP!

eMilty

Re: SD CARD

PostWed Mar 06, 2019 2:46 pm

I just came of the phone with BMD support in the UK and they seem to blame SanDisk. The newer models of these cards don't work in any BMD product. They say that only cards with a type number that starts with SDSDXP is supported. My cards start with SDSDXXY and they don't work. I've read that cards with SDSDXXG also seem to work.

I don't know who is to blame. I've seen a post that says that the same problem happened on JVC and Sony pro cameras and they received firmware updates to make them work with these cards. The SanDisk support website mentions the JVC update so that seems legite. So I think BMD should fix it and release firmware updates. The cards with SDSDXP are hard to find and will soon be unavailable all together and more and more customers will run into these problems. It looks like BMD has been aware of this issue for at least a couple of months.

Xtreemtec

PostWed Mar 06, 2019 5:49 pm

Very detailed topic over here about this issue:

Warning about new Sandisk Extreme Pro 95 MB/s media
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

eMilty

PostMon Apr 26, 2021 5:19 pm

I would like to follow up on this old post that I just updated my 7" Video Assist 3G to the latest firmware currently available (version 3.4.1) and it now recognises the Sandisk cards with the type number SDSDXXY and seems to record and playback files just fine. So I guess BMD has worked with Sandisk to fix the issue.

Return to Live Production