ATEM Television Studio HD

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

bijunv

ATEM Television Studio HD

PostMon Mar 04, 2019 3:53 pm

Hello everyone,

Could someone help me, how can use the auto/mix transition, when i switch the camera-1 to Camera-2 in program mode

I am using the software version to switch, and when i switch from camera-1 to camera-2, it's just cutting, not able to use the "mix"

Thank you

Kevin Copeland

Re: ATEM Television Studio HD

PostMon Mar 04, 2019 6:08 pm

ATEM_Software_RateDuration.png
ATEM_Software_RateDuration.png (167.75 KiB) Viewed 1091 times

Make sure the 'Rate' is not set to zero. This is the rate for each 'Transition Style'. When you press 'Auto' it transitions at the rate specified.

bijunv

PostMon Mar 11, 2019 5:55 pm

I have set the rate to "1.00", but the transition is working only when i click on the "auto" button
if i click directly on program button, camera 1-4, it just cuts, the transition is not happening

Could you please let me know what's problem

Kevin Copeland

PostMon Mar 11, 2019 7:37 pm

That's the way the ATEM works.

When you click the 'Cut' button, the switcher cuts to the source on the Preview bus. When you click on the 'Auto' button, the switcher performs the transition selected to the source on the Preview bus. The only other way to perform a transition with the software is to manually click and drag the T-Bar.

You can use your keyboard too. Pressing 'Enter' performs an 'Auto' transition. Pressing the Spacebar performs a cut. Pressing the numbers changes the source on the PREVIEW bus, but if you press the 'Control' button on your keyboard, the 'Cut' button turns red and the number keys change the source on the PROGRAM bus.

If you click directly on the Program or Preview bus, the switcher 'cuts' to that source. This is a great way to do 'hot cuts' to a source without having to use the 'Cut' or 'Auto' buttons.

bijunv

PostMon Mar 11, 2019 9:27 pm

I understood now, thank you
I was thinking to switch camera directly on the program, without going through the preview

Return to Live Production