Reprogramming DVE PIP Buttons

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

t3hn4t3

Reprogramming DVE PIP Buttons

PostSun Mar 10, 2019 8:07 am

We have an ATEM Television Studio HD that has four DVE PIP buttons that send the DVE PIP key to four separate locations (upper-left, upper-right, lower-left, lower-right), but they're all in the corners and the size is too small. I know this might work for most production applications, but for our church application, it needs to be different.

I'd like to see if it's possible to reprogram those buttons with set locations/sizes of the DVE key so that we could switch between middle-left and middle-right instead of the pre-set upper-left, upper-right, lower-left, lower-right. Is this possible? I could not find anything in the manual.

Kevin Copeland

Re: Reprogramming DVE PIP Buttons

PostMon Mar 11, 2019 5:07 pm

You're talking about the ATEM Television Studio PRO HD that has the hardware panel.

I don't know if you can program those buttons, but it uses the Upstream Key 1 and you can set Macros for each position you want and program it that way.

And in the ATEM software, you can go to Upstream Key 1, select the DVE tab, change the position and size, then click 'Set A' then change settings again and click 'Set B', then the effect will run to 'A', 'B', or 'Full' depending upon the button you click.

Return to Live Production