Intensity Shuttle Mac Mini USB-C

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

ChildOTK

Intensity Shuttle Mac Mini USB-C

PostFri Mar 22, 2019 5:23 pm

We just got a new 2018 Mac Mini 6-core i7 for use with Wirecast to livestream. We got the Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt edition.

Our new Mac Mini only has Thunderbolt 3 ports (USB-C). Has anyone has success with this using a USB-C to Thunderbolt 2 adapter, or a USB-C to Thunderbolt 2 cable?

ChildOTK

Re: Intensity Shuttle Mac Mini USB-C

PostSun Mar 24, 2019 10:50 pm

Well, I was able to get this to work with the USB-C to Thunderbolt 2 adapter from Apple. For those who are interested to know.

I am having an issue however. The signal for some reason keeps dropping out for about half a second, both audio and video. Rather sporadically but very commonly. Does anyone have any ideas as to what the issue could be? We did get a used/refurbished unit from B&H. Hoping the unit isn't defective.

Incoming signal is from a ATEM, 1080i59. This works just fine on our old setup using the DeckLink card in a tower.

Xtreemtec

PostMon Mar 25, 2019 2:41 pm

Search this forum.. There are numerous topics about this. From memory it is do-able but i rather would advice you to take the Decklink Mini HD route which will work better with TB-3(USB-C con) already on the device! ;)

Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

ChildOTK

PostMon Mar 25, 2019 6:17 pm

Thank you Xtreemtec, that is good information. That device unfortunately is just too expensive for our budget. It also doesn't appear to have HDMI in. I guess we could move to SDI in, though. Thats not a big deal.

I was able to get the Intensity Shuttle working but now have an issue with the signal cutting in an out fairly frequently. It looks like we have a defective device. It was purchased as a refurbished unit.

Peter Aellig

PostTue Mar 26, 2019 7:24 am

on my HP Laptop, with TB3, i use Apples TB3 to TB2 Adapter and the older BM Minimonitor or even a Sonnet Thunderbolt PCIe 1U Enclosure wit a Decklink Duo2 are working fine.

Return to Live Production