Second Mixer for Graphics & Playout possible?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

sr_livemotion

Second Mixer for Graphics & Playout possible?

PostSat Apr 06, 2019 8:55 am

Hi

We use the Television Studio Pro 4k now and are allways missing an input or two. So I was thinking on how I can get rid of the Key/Fill for Graphics and the Playout on the Mixer to have these three Inputs available for Cameras.

So I was thinking of having a second mixer (Television Studio HD f.ex.) which takes the premixed camera feed, the two graphics channels and also the Playout comming from Vmix. There we could even increase to a second channel to get Key/Fill also for Playout.

Has someone already tried that or do you think that could work? How about the audio when Graphics or Playout is coming via Downstream Key or any other issues possible with this setup?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Sven

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

sr_livemotion

Re: Second Mixer for Graphics & Playout possible?

PostFri Apr 26, 2019 9:09 pm

No one that already tested that setup? Would be really interesting for me.

Sven

Dave Del Vecchio

PostMon Apr 29, 2019 10:50 pm

Yes, I don't see any reason why this wouldn't work. You would have to control the second ATEM with the software control panel or some other mechanism, as I don't think it's possible to use the ATEM Television Studio Pro as a control surface for another ATEM.

If you need more inputs, you might also look into the ATEM 2 M/E units which have 20 inputs, plus some other features (two multiviewers, super source, etc.) that are sometimes useful for larger productions.

Kay Junghanns

PostTue Apr 30, 2019 6:42 am

You can take 2 Inputs at ATEM and the DSK can you programming the key and fill chanel.

Hakan Taube Lyxzen

PostTue Apr 30, 2019 10:13 am

Thats possible. We are doing the same for a slow tv project in the north of Sweden. We are following the migration of the moose from the coast to the mountains. The number of inputs are more than one 2 m/e switcher can handle so we are using two 2 m/e in a row. We are using 22 cameras and then replay and graphics as well. We have programmed a x-key panel to do the switching. For the operators its behaves like only one switcher, we even change the graphics telling the audience where the cameras are located automatically when we put in on air. We are doing the production 24/7 for 3 weeks and have had no problem with the setup.
We have had problem with the ice on the river taking out one of the lemo-fibers connected to a Nimbra but thats another story. If you want to see the results you can find it here: https://www.svtplay.se/video/21732946/d ... ?info=visa
Hakan Taube Lyxzen
prostreaming.se

sr_livemotion

PostTue Apr 30, 2019 10:16 am

Ok good to know, I have to digg into that then.
Greet Per Frost from me, I think he is working there as well

sr_livemotion

PostMon Jul 15, 2019 1:39 pm

Hakan Taube Lyxzen wrote:Thats possible. We are doing the same for a slow tv project in the north of Sweden. We are following the migration of the moose from the coast to the mountains. The number of inputs are more than one 2 m/e switcher can handle so we are using two 2 m/e in a row. We are using 22 cameras and then replay and graphics as well. We have programmed a x-key panel to do the switching. For the operators its behaves like only one switcher, we even change the graphics telling the audience where the cameras are located automatically when we put in on air. We are doing the production 24/7 for 3 weeks and have had no problem with the setup.
We have had problem with the ice on the river taking out one of the lemo-fibers connected to a Nimbra but thats another story. If you want to see the results you can find it here: https://www.svtplay.se/video/21732946/d ... ?info=visa

How do you do it with the multiview?
We are thinking of buying another Production Studio 4k and have to fix the multiview now.
We can add a second screen but then you have two multiviews side by side?

Return to Live Production