Web Presenter audio noise on Windows

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Grizzly01

Web Presenter audio noise on Windows

PostTue Apr 16, 2019 8:26 am

Been using the Web Presenter (v1.2) with OBS on Win7/64 bit, but in the last couple of months, it has become unusable due to audio noise, even with no input signals to the WP.
I've tried 2 different Web Presenters, on multiple Windows PCs, both Win7 & Win10, and always with the same result of unacceptable levels of noise on the audio. This is heard when monitoring in both the Windows Sound application, and in OBS.
However, when using the WP on a Mac, it behaves exactly as you'd expect, with no noise on the audio, so I've had to start using OBS on a MacBook Pro instead.
This does present some problems, though, if I want to use the WP in conjunction with Skype for Business, which I only have available on our corporate Windows PCs.

Has anyone else experienced this, or are you still happily using a WP on Windows, noise free?

Stigeus

Re: Web Presenter audio noise on Windows

PostTue Jun 04, 2019 11:00 pm

I have the exact same problem. There is strange noise/hiss sound when using OBS on Windows (even no cameras or anything connected to Web Presenter). No problems with Mac. Any ideas what is wrong?

Grimm1977

Re: Web Presenter audio noise on Windows

PostWed Apr 14, 2021 3:17 pm

Hello

Old post but we are seeing a similar issue, did you manage to resolve this?

Thank you

Return to Live Production