Best way to control Micro Studio cams

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

synesthesia

Best way to control Micro Studio cams

PostThu Apr 18, 2019 8:53 pm

Hi there,

I'm looking at a super simple install - a two/three camera setup of Micro Studio Camera 4k - going to an Ultrastudio 4k (can this take 3 cameras or only 2?) - in a music studio to create educational video content.

What is the simplest way to control these (focus and zoom mainly) - ideally from my iMac pro or an iPad? - I can see theres the ATEM units but these seem way over spec'd for what I need, I'm wondering if theres a simple 'remote' app that I can control the cameras from?

Thanks for any help!

Paul

Xtreemtec

Re: Best way to control Micro Studio cams

PostFri Apr 19, 2019 7:47 am

The UltraStudio 4K will still be only 1 source in and 1 source out. ;)
You need a Decklink 8K Pro to capture 4K or Decklink Quad 2 for HD to capture 3 cameras.

And control is only possible with an Atem or 3rd party hardware like the Levitizer USB SDI or Skaarhoj SDI Hardware.

Also there are only 2 or 3 supported lenses that will fit on the Micro Studio 4K that have motorized Zoom enabled. And those lenses are not cheap and also not very "fast" Which mean you need a LOT of light to compensate.

So it's better to mix your video on a Atem and record the end feed. Or get some cameras that can be controlled. (Dome cameras) and just input them on a capture card. Then you still need some software that is able to record 2/3 streams.. :roll: Super Simple just went out of the Window :?
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

synesthesia

Re: Best way to control Micro Studio cams

PostFri Apr 19, 2019 9:15 am

Thanks for this!

OK I've looked at all these - my workflow is non realtime -

1 - record video from 2/3 cams
2 - record audio to sep unit
3 - assemble and edit in Prem Pro

I guess I'm struggling with the best way to record the 2/3 cams simultaneously - ideally to an outboard SSD based unit- and if its possible for me to focus them remotely (if not I;ll work around that) as I'm often working alone and focussing on myself as presenter which is trickier...

Whats the ideal setup for this?

Thanks!

Paul

Return to Live Production