Micro studio mini 4k controll

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

MichaelTeale

Micro studio mini 4k controll

PostSun Apr 21, 2019 1:37 pm

I have been reading that the micro studio mini 4k camera can be controlled from the camera panel in the ATEM. The info states that a cable from the program out needs to be connected to the video in. However I wish to control 4-5 cameras and there are only three SDI outs, and I need one to record from. Not sure if I am missing the obvious but how would this be accomplished? I have looked at the distribution converter but am not sure if that is what i need. Thanks!

Denny Smith

Re: Micro studio mini 4k controll

PostTue Apr 23, 2019 4:35 pm

The new ATEMs, like the HD or HD Pro, have one output for each SDI input, which are actually program outputs with CCU data for controlling the cameras. If you have an older ATEM, then a good SDI distribution amp connected to one of your program outs will distribute the signal without loss. Look at BMDs distribution amp Mini Converter, as it will not strip out the CCU data, that a third party unit might do.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Xtreemtec

PostTue Apr 23, 2019 7:32 pm

Here an example with different cameras. But the CCU setup is the same. for return to all cameras.

Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

MichaelTeale

PostTue Apr 23, 2019 7:39 pm

That is what I needed to know. Thanks to both of you!

Return to Live Production