Camera's Won't Show

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

pastorharkins

Camera's Won't Show

PostMon Apr 22, 2019 5:05 pm

HI,
I am a new user to black magic. Just set the system up in our church. We are using the atem television studio HD.

Well, My inputs will not show in the small 8 boxes below the preview and program screen. However, when I select any of the inputs, they WILL show in the preview and program screens. I am able to output the program source to my monitors. Everything seems to be fine except I can't see them in the 8 boxes. HEELLLPPP!!!!

Harry Parker

Re: Camera's Won't Show

PostTue Apr 23, 2019 6:11 am

Assuming that you're using SDI to connect you cameras, make sure that the ATEM and your cameras are all set to the same resolution. The ATEM TVS HD does not rescale inputs so the entire system must be set to the same res or it won't work. Depending on you cameras that may be 1080i59.94, 108i50, etc.
If you have done the above but are using HDMI leads, they are probably too long. The ATEM's have an issue with HDMI cables longer than just a few metres.

Xtreemtec

PostTue Apr 23, 2019 8:30 am

Sounds like a Multiviewer issue if the do show up in PGM and PRV box but not in the actual boxes.

Go to the settings menu > Multiview tab > Click another layout and check if the assignment of the boxes have Cam 1 to 8 assigned.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

pastorharkins

PostWed Apr 24, 2019 2:13 pm

Thanks Xtreemtec. When I choose "Settings", I don't have the option to choose "Multiview". I. E. that option is not in my list. Can I have a defective device?

Xtreemtec

PostWed Apr 24, 2019 3:47 pm

Wrong setting menu i guess..

You need to go to the Gearwheel left down corner. :)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

pastorharkins

PostThu Apr 25, 2019 1:11 pm

Hello Xtreemtec. Thanks for your help. I must be missing something. I can see the gear wheel
But I can’t access it. Hhgmmm... what am I not doing?

pastorharkins

PostFri Apr 26, 2019 12:58 pm

HELLO Xtreemtec (Daniel) Thanks so much for your help. I had to access the gear wheel from the software. After troubleshooting the process of connecting to the device (MUST HAVE SAME IP ADDRESS), everything works fine. THANKS AGAIN!!

Return to Live Production