Mac "Randomly" switching blackmagic adapters output at boot

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

rileybassman11

Mac "Randomly" switching blackmagic adapters output at boot

PostFri Apr 26, 2019 4:27 pm

Greetings,

I'm new on this forum here... I'll do some searching to see if this question has been addressed, but in the mean time I figured I would ask.

We are running PVP3 from a Mac Pro and using 2 thunderbolt (USB C) to HDMI cables to go to 2 Black Magic HDMI to 6G SDI converters for 2 independent outputs.. Everything is working well, and we have used it for 6 services at our church with no issues...

But... I am running into an issue, where when I shut the mac down, next boot, Mac OS "randomly" pics which adapter to be screen 1 and screen 2. I'll go into system preferences, and identify... and sometimes it comes up correct... and sometimes it comes up backwards.

Are there any tricks to get the Mac to recognize which device is which and retain the layout every time? The device names are the same just whichever comes up "first" is (1) and the other is (2).

I'll try and attach a pic as well.

Thanks in advance!

Matt Certa

Re: Mac "Randomly" switching blackmagic adapters output at b

PostSat Apr 27, 2019 2:39 pm

A few PvP guys might correct me, but you probably need to create a boot up procedure for every Sunday.
Let the Mac boot up. Plug in Adapter A then adapter B, confirm everything is correct in system preferences, then fire up PvP. And be glad you aren’t running a windows machine

Fred Rodrigues

PostMon Apr 29, 2019 8:17 am

I am pretty sure switchresX will take care of this, or there are a lot of posts about moving around the tool bar and resetting NVRam. It is an issue with OSX.
http://www.fredrodrigues.net/

rileybassman11

PostThu May 02, 2019 9:54 pm

Thanks for the tips guys... I'll try playing with switchresx and see how that works. We do have a start up procedure right now... it's just a little less then ideal as we have a rotation of volunteers... some are much less technical then others... but I understand that is part of the game :-)

I'll report back if this seems to have resolved the issue.

Return to Live Production