MicroConverter BiDirectional SDI/HDMI no Output

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

darkday

MicroConverter BiDirectional SDI/HDMI no Output

PostSat Apr 27, 2019 1:28 pm

Hi

I'm trying to setup a way for my old analog video game gear to play on modern display.

Therefore using both the MiniConverter Analog to SDI and the MicroConverter BiDirectional SDI/HDMI.

I have tried the following setup:
    Analog source: Panasonic DMRE500H DVD video recorder
    Connected over Component to analog to SDI converter
    Connected over SDI to SDI/HDMI converter
    Connected over HDMI to Aten VM0404H HDMI matrix switch
    Connected over HDMI to NEC MultiSnyc EA273WN display

What I see on the converter is:
    Analog to SDI white LED on SDI out contnious on
    BiDI SDI/HMDI white LED on SDI in continuous on
But on the display no signal could be detected

As this setup wasn't working at all, I try to simplified it and isolate the error.

If I setup the BiDi converter as a loop deivce for the signal for the HDMI source it doesn't work.
The BiDi converter shows on HDMI in as on SDI in a white flashing LED and my dislpay fails to have a proper link with the converter (as the display "think" that someting is on this input, but neither can display it nor than let come to the resolve that the their is no signal on this input).

What I aslo know is that this parts working fine in my current setup: display(s), HDMI matrix switch and the HDMI signal source I've also used (PS4).

So my big question is of course what does it needs to get this started. If this means I need another piece of hardware then so it be, but I would like to know in advance that this will solve my current problem (and I mean a converter or so not a different source or sink....).

Best regards
Felix

Return to Live Production