No audio on ATEM Studio Pro HD

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

pmcdonald

No audio on ATEM Studio Pro HD

PostTue May 07, 2019 12:03 am

We have a Studio Pro in a multicam studio environment. Audio runs from the floor into a Yamaha mixer, the XLR output of which feeds the ATEM via the XLR inputs. So far so good for the last few months until yesterday morning when, out of the blue, we get no audio from the XLR inputs.

To the best of my knowledge the settings have remained unchanged: the XLR channel is on and set to 0db. The XLR output from the mixer is carrying audio as per usual, confirmed via our Zoom. The scratch audio from the floor cameras - Studio HD cams - passes through to the ATEM fine via the SDI inputs. So, before I escalate this further is there anything obvious I'm missing? Thanks

iasdsydney

Re: No audio on ATEM Studio Pro HD

PostSat May 11, 2019 2:36 am

Hello,

we've had exact the same issue, and in the end it was caused by an update to version 8x. We reverted to 7.5.1 and that fixed the issue.

Xtreemtec

PostMon May 13, 2019 12:11 pm

Sounds like a hardware issue. Atem might be defective.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

pmcdonald

PostThu May 16, 2019 12:02 am

Thanks for the replies. We were running 7.x at the time. An upgrade to 8 didn't fix the issue.

We've raised the issue with BM and they've agreed an RMA is the best path forward. Sounds like dodgy ports.

pmcdonald

PostTue Jul 16, 2019 6:48 am

UPDATE: BMD's Australian support service examined the board, must of found an issue with the ports and sent up a replacement ATEM.

kingaps

PostFri Jun 12, 2020 11:42 pm

I have the same problem on my ATEM, with firmware version 8.1.1 and software 8.2.3, I have suspicion that it may be on the day of this hardware update, he gave a problem but managed to solve it later. I would like to reinstall this firmaware or go back to version 7.5.1. but I don't see how in the system. Does anyone know how to force the update to a previous firmware?

Return to Live Production