ATEM 1 M/E loosing network connection

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Daniel

ATEM 1 M/E loosing network connection

PostSat Jun 15, 2013 11:06 pm

Hi Guys

I've had a good search around but can't find the same network issue...

Basically, our ATEM 1 M/E Switcher continuously looses network connection, it seems after periods of inactivity when it's not in use overnight.

The problem is certainly with the Switcher and not the Control Panel as the software control and Photoshop export plugin can neither connect to the switcher.

We've had the setup for nearly 18 months and in the first 12 months only ever experienced this issue twice I think, whereas now it is a daily occurrence, every morning it has to be reset.

It doesn't appear to be a heat issue that others appear to have experienced.

Also there are the odd times too when the connection drops (everything keeps functioning including USB recording) but the control panel becomes inactive, but then the connection is usually regained within a couple of seconds - obviously not when we're ideal when recording or broadcasting live.

I've had our IT department assign IP addresses based on the switchers MAC address and same for the control panel but to no joy of solving the issue.

Does anyone have any ideas what may be causing this or similar experiences?

Liam Kennedy

Re: ATEM 1 M/E loosing network connection

PostSun Jun 16, 2013 3:08 am

If this were my problem I would run an isolated test. That is... I would connect a cable directly between a computer running the ATEM software control and the 1/ME. Leave that connection running for as long as you need to and see if the connection is lost and if you need to reset the 1ME.

This test will establish if it really is the ATEM - or some other issue with your network.
ATEM 1/ME, TVS, Hyperdeck Studio, Fujitsu Lifebook NH751 USB3

Jehun Koa

Re: ATEM 1 M/E loosing network connection

PostSun Jun 16, 2013 5:37 am

How about check your network environment like network switch hub or IP confliction?

Return to Live Production